(Runs any day by arrangement)
[Approximately 9am to 5-6pm*]
PORTLAND CRUISE VISITORS – please see cruise excursion page
novelist Thomas Hardy.
- Not just for fans of Dorset’s most famous literary son, but also featuring some
of the most stunning sights and scenery the county has to offer.
- Covers several ancient monuments, including Badbury Rings and the Cerne Giant
- Includes visits to the pretty rural towns of Shaftesbury, Sherborne and Dorchester,
with picturesque villages along the way and (when possible) Britain’s twistiest road!
- If time allows, see the birthplace of Thomas Hardy, and the house he later built and loved.
(NB entrance fee to Hardy’s Cottage and Max Gate not included in the booking fee for this tour)
Please read the important trip information and things to bring
* Please note that times are approximate as pick-ups will be beforehand and drop-offs and traffic conditions may make the day slightly longer. Please also note that timings and itineraries are subject to change in Winter months due to restricted daylight, weather conditions and closure of some attractions visited *
To check availability and to book on this trip please contact us by phone/email or use the
booking enquiry form. If no trip is scheduled for the day you require, please contact us and we’ll do our best to fit one in for you!!
NB:BOOKINGS CLOSE AT 6PM THE DAY BEFORE THE TRIP.